Am I surprised by the dispersion nerf? No. Does this improve Blizzard's argument for making this spell our 51-point talent? Don't make me laugh.
- Dispersion now reduces all damage taken by 60% (down from 90%) and doesn't regenerate health anymore.
- Twisted Faith now increases your spell power on all spells (Old - only shadow spells) by 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 6/12/18/24/30%)
- Improved Shadowform doesn't give a chance to remove all movement impairing effects when Fade is used anymore.
- Misery doesn't increase the damage of your Mind Blast / Mind Flay / Mind Sear spells anymore.
- Shadow Resilience now Reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by all spells by 2/4%. (Old - Reduces physical damage taken by 2/4%.)
- Improved Fade renamed to Veiled Shadows. Now Decreases the cooldown of your Fade ability by 6 sec, and reduces the cooldown of your Shadowfiend ability by 2 minutes.
- Improved Spirit Tap now let your mana regenerate at a 10/20% (down from 25/50%) rate while casting.
The twisted faith and improved spirit tap nerf, taken together, are very sad. They effectively reduce the value of spirit to shadow priests, who will find it in abundance on our gear anyway. Perhaps that explains the nerf: too much spirit kicking around.
Improved fade continues to be the joke talent of the shadow tree. I simply don't understand it. They removed the movement-impairing escape effect that fade triggered from improved shadow form — which made sense because it was never an improvement to shadowform in the first place — but don't add it to improved fade. Instead, improved fade now reduces the cooldown of... shadowfiend? Did I read that correctly? Did I miss the connection? Does anyone not think they are struggling to find some meaninful way to improve fade? Oh, but wait. They've called it veiled shadows now. That's ok then.
Misery has simply been put back in its place as a simple spell hit debuff. They got my hopes up, now it's shite again.
Shadow resilience is a pvp talent. I honestly couldn't tell you if it's a nerf or a buff to that spell, but it smells like a nerf. Basically, it's free resilience right?
Yes, yes, usual caveats, it's only beta blah blah. Meh.