31 March 2009

Merlot stands up, waves, sits down again

In the immortal words of Halle Berry, this moment is so much bigger than me...

Thanks to that super generous soul feardotwin, I've been tagged with this award meme thing — which, after a little googling, I realised wasn't a new and terrifying computer virus at all but a postulated unit or element of cultural ideas, symbols or practices, transmitted from one mind to another through speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena. So that clears that up.

Seriously, how does one get from an evolutionary theory by Richard Dawkins to all your base are belong to us?

Hack through the postulated phenomena and you discover some much deserved applause for my long and industrious attempts to convince the WoW community I know what I'm talking about. Thank you fear, it's a badge I shall wear with pride.

There's a catch. I've got to do a bunch of stuff.* I never was much of a joiner. You know that guy that sits with a face like a smacked arse and rolls his eyes whenever a Mexican wave comes round? That's me (that time at the Cher concert was a one-off). And I'm apparently the last blog in the known universe to be tagged (much like with football at school). But I'm gonna list seven of my favourite reads anyway, on the principle that if Tom Hanks could win a second shameless Oscar, these guys certainly can. Go go, take a bow!


I'm also supposed to list ten honest things about myself. Ten! Seriously, I'm not even that honest with myself. I shall admit only to a Cher fetish, a champagne chin and an absolute mania for the books of GW Dahlquist. Truly, they are amazing.

*Rules
  • When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
  • Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
  • List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol np, it was well deserved.