8 January 2009

Zuramat the obliterator

Ok, Violet Hold heroic. It's an easy one. I can heal this. If we get the voidwalker, I'll cry. I can't heal that crazy shit. Oh shit. We got the voidwalker. Turn on V. Tell everyone else to turn on V. Kill the beacon things. How am I going to kill the beacon things? What does the debuff look like? Oh fuck, heal tank. Prayer of mending, shield, penance. Woa, where'd mage's health go? Shield mage, cast great... wha? Shield hunter. Shield on cooldown. Now shield hunter. Shield me. Wait, penance tank. Damn, prayer of mending again. Now heal me. Heal hunter. Heal mage. Heal... whatever, other dps. Shit, everyone needs healing at once. Flash, flash... what are those red bars? Oh my god I've got the debuff. What do I do? What should I do? Mind sear. Where's my mind sear button? That was fade dammit. Damn heal bar shit. Ok, holy nova. Run in, holy nova. Oo, nice big green numbers. How'd I do that? Oh shit, shield me. Shield me? Erm, quick heal. Flash heal. And PoM tank. Why do I always forget the frisbee? Omg, holy nova fast! Just spam holy nova! Why is their health not moving? Why are they standing over there? Quick, shield, cast great... Serves them right for standing over... shit, shield, penance, PoM... oh thank god. Over. I miss shadow. You can't pay me enough for this shit.

12 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hahaha!

aww.

Made for a great post, though.

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably a thoroughly miserable fight, particularly when pugging! I can only imagine how the poor holy platters manage to deal with all this AOE.

You MUST MUST MUST remember the frisbee. It is EASILY the most valuable heal for all those nasty little shadow bolts.

David said...

That was hilarious. Hurry back to Shadow!

Anonymous said...

*giggle*

Unknown said...

Zuramat the obliterator, tank's point of view.

Boo, Zuramat. I wanted the Core Hound, he has my trinket. Oh well. Thunder clap, shield slam, shout, revenge, ho hum, etc, Oo! look at all the pretty shadow bolts coming from that cloud there, ho hum, more shield slam, Oo look! More shadowbolts! ...why aren't any of my dps killing those cloud? ...revenge, devastate, shield slam YAY! I see red bars! Yay! I get to DPS! Charge! Shockwave! Run run, Shield slam revenge! Run, Shield slam! Three clouds dead! ... oh rats, red bars went away, boo. Back to tanking. Ho hum. Ooo, look at all those shadowbolts, why aren't my DPS killing those things?

Unknown said...

Honestly one of the few posts from anyone that have made me laugh out loud. It was so incredibly funny because whenever I spec holy the same exact thing runs through my mind.

Merlot said...

Lol, thanks Jacob, I think I like the tank version better :)

Daniel Silva said...

I noticed you didn't mention Prayer of Healing... slower than holy nova but works well. Another thing... the skill you may want to improve is anticipating damage. Mitigation is your strength as a disc priest, not merely a security blanket to help land underwhelming heals. Keep weakened soul and grace up ok the main tank and use PW:S at 100% health. If it absorbs 100% it becomes almost mana free. Perhaps if you get better t it you will enjoy it more. One more thing: practice those tough encounters, don't just avoid them.

Anonymous said...

OMG I haven't laughed that hard in a little while!

Anonymous said...

My last blog mentioned going through what you're going through (being shadow for awhile but switching to heal for guild needs).. and this scares me lol. I hate doing this boss in general because usually the healer gets the debuff to see the clouds and doesn't do anything but spam heals. I hate the etheral boss the most.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard I had to link your blog on my guild's website. My healer is a druid, but I'm leveling a shadow priest right now as our guild has NO raiding shadow priests. Although I don't use the same spells that you do as a druid healer I LOVED the panic in your post . . . because that is EXACTLY how I felt.