5 February 2009

Breaking: priest highlights for 3.1

Typical. I'm only one tree into my state-of-the-class musing and Blizz gets the jump on me with 3.1. Like everything in life, I thought I had more time. Oh well, I'm still going to post the rest of that series. But in the meantime, here's the breaking news on priests for 3.1. More love for discipline, and finally a baseline spirit buff. In my head I am dancing.

  • Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.
  • Discipline has access to a new talent, Power Word: Barrier. (Think of it as Power Word: Shield for your whole group).
  • Several area of effect (AOE) heal spells have been improved: Prayer of Healing can be cast on any groups in your raid party. Holy Nova’s mana cost has been reduced. Circle of Healing now heals for more.
  • Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.
  • Penance – this spell can now be targeted on the priest.
  • Serendipity – this talent now reduces the cast time of Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing when Binding Heal or Flash Heal are cast.
  • We are also working to give Holy additional PvP utility.

Courtest of MMO Champion. What would I do without them?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started to build a shadow priest because i like face melting :) The first 10-14 levels were a major pain... Smite smite smite, wand wand wand, smite smite, and a bit smite.. Ahh..

But now that i'm lvl 14 i'm starting to see how it will look like.

I'm reading your posts everyday, and i'm starting to like the priest class.. My others are a tank and a rogue so this is a whole level of new to me :)

I red many posts on this, and ( of course ) all i'm seeing is how SP got nerfed and now it is worth nothing etcetc. I'm really curious though how you see things? :)

I still like Shadow Priest, no matter what little children write..

Merlot said...

In that case, stay tuned for part 3 of my state-of-the-class series! Without giving too much away, I think shadow is doing ok right now - at least in pve...

MD said...

I am really surprise (and really happy) to see that they plan to give all priest Divine Spirit after so many begging and pleading (and them denying it) at the first place :)

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for part 3! I need some encouragement. I'm a Lvl 78 Shadow Priest and I am dreading hitting 80. Mainly because everyone expects me to go Holy/Disc or Disc/Holy for the endgame. I just wanna melt faces, is that so wrong?

Anonymous said...

It seams yes :( Melting faces isn'T enough no days :(( I can'T await your part 3!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

doesn't look to bad imo. good to see Divine Spirit for all!

GreenieMax said...

Ok Blizzard game designed seriously hate priests.

I'm not new to playing Priest nor am I new to playing any class. I currently raid Shadow DPS in Naxx and normally breaking charts but with 2x Amount of effort I'd put with my Mage, which seriously SUCKS.

As a mage I only have to see if I have 5 application of scorches, rest is fireball and Living bomb that comes after every 3 fireball.

With Shadow Priest I have to make sure all my DOTs are up and make sure that I'm using my most damaging spell Mindflay at boss. Though DPS is decent but I'm still not happy when compared with Hunters and Mages when they only do 50% of the effort.

PvP - #@$#% Blizzard!!!!

Dumbest class to PvP with!!

When I'm in BG its all cool I am a sniper, no one knows where I put my SW:P from but WTF?

1vs1 (as I'm on PvP server) there is not a chance you can take down any damn class in the game.

1. Mages, before you could do anything they kill you with amount of Damage they can deliver in short time.

2. Warrior, Can't get them off my back because they can't be feared, Pummel and MS.

3. Rogues, if I ever get out of stun I'll click that fear button.

4. Druids, Feral can break fear now and Those tree hit harder than shadow fiend.

5. Locks, that freaking pet silences me, that lock can fear me while I have to get Beside the lock (Somehow) just to fear him.

6. DK, forget it Strangalte, Anti-Magic Shield and Dead priest.

Really I mean it FUCK blizzard for making priest such weak PvP class, FFS at least give us silence without freaking talent point, why the $%@# Mages have counter spell and we don't?

Truly and frankly I'm getting sick of SPriest and if $#@%ing blizzard doesn't fix soon I'll move to DK.

Even as healer priest are way behind druid and shaman. Very sucky and very bad class design, everyone who worked on Priest in Blizzard should be fired.

Warcraftguide said...

I know that it can be frustrating trying to find a clear step by step Priest Guide out there with all the conflicting information. However, Having leveled already 2 Priest to L80 I can hopefully give you some tips on how best to proceed ...just try the priest pvp..